Hello foodies today I will be sharing recipe of chicken korma. Traditionally chicken korma is not hot spicy at all it is rich creamy mild gravy with lots of flavour. My recipe of chicken korma is little different, I like to eat spicy korma with tender chicken pieces. This is what my mom used to make and this is how I like to eat, so thought of sharing recipe with you all.Hope you will like it as much as I do. If you want you can add mutton instead of chicken.
Ingredients that I am using are probably available in your kitchen. So lets begin 🙂
1. Chicken 250 to 300 gm, prefer boneless
2. Bay leafs 2
3. Green cardamom 3 to 4
4. Black cardamom 1
5. Black pepper 4 to 5
6. Clove 4 to 5
7. Jaipatri (mace) small 1
8. Chakri phool (Star anise) 1 small
9. Bedgi mirch (dry chilli) 1
10. Jeera(Cumin) 1 tsp
11. Dalchini 1 inch piece
12. Oil 2 tbl spoon
13. Onion 2 medium finely chopped
14. Tomato 1 medium finely chopped
15. Ginger garlic paste 1 table spoon
16. Red chilli powder or korma masala 2 tsp
17. Salt to taste
18. 1/2 cup water
19. Chopped coriander 1 table spoon
1. Heat oil in a pan and add all of whole spices(garam masala with bedgi mirch) and roast them for 30 sec. Add onion into it and saute till onions starts to change color at the edges (lighy brown edges is what we are looking for)
2. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for about 2 minutes or till the raw fragrance of ginger garlic fades away
3. Add chicken into it and let it cook for another 5 minute or chicken starts to turn white
6. Add red chilli powder or korma masala, salt, tomato and give it a good mix. Cook for around 7 minutes on low heat
7. Add 1/2 cup water
8. Cover the pan with lid and let the chicken cook through.
9. Keep an eye on this korma. Stit it in between or otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pan.You can adjust the consistency of gravy by adding or reducing water. You will see oil at the surface of the pan
10. Add chopped coriander and cook for another 2 minutes on low flame with lid on
1. You can reduce the quantity of black pepper and cloves if you dont want your korma to be hot.
2. Serve it with roti chappati or bread of your choice. I personally like to eat them with pav or nana.
3. You can also adjust red chilli according to your taste.