Hello my beautiful friends, today I would be sharing gajar ka halwa recipe, this is my version of gajar ka halwa which my family and friends are big fan of. I make this dish very often not just beacuse it is dessert(guilty as charged😋) and tasty but because gajar(carrot) is very healthy. This can make a very good party dessert. Ingredients that you need for this dish are few and are easily available.
Serves : 4 to 5
1. Gajar (carrots) peeled and grated 1 kg
2. Milk 250ml
3. Sugar 1 cup (can be adjustes depending on how sweet you like your halwa to be)
4. Khoya or condence milk 200gm
5. Cardamom 7 crushed or powdered
6. Desi ghee 1/2 cup
7. Almonds 10-12 sliced or crushed
1. Heat ghee in a pan and add cardamom into it. After 30 seconds add grated carrots into the pan and give it a good mix
2. Add milk into it and cover the lid for carrots to cook through slow down the flame at this point.
3. After 5 mins open the lid and add in your sugar, you can reduce the quantity of sugar if you are adding readymade condence milk because store bottle has sugar in it, mix everything well and cover the lid again for next 5 mins.
4. Let the sugar desolve and carrots cook through.
5. After 5 minutes add condence milk or khoya and give it a good mix.
6. Keep an eye on halwa add this points because the halwa starts to thicken and there are chances that it stick to pan.
7. Check on the consistency of halwa and switch off the flame.
Garnish it with almonds and serve it either cold or hot. Both ways it tastes am
1. If you are making it in condence milk then reduce the quantity of sugar as store brought condence milk is very sweet in nature
2. While cooking halwa keep an eye on it cause it has sugar and khoya which tends to stick to the pan. I would recommend non-stick pan for this cook.
Enjoy delicious halwa with your family and do share your experience with me.